Mexican Street Corn Skillet Dip
You may never be able to eat corn on the cob again once you try this ultra creamy dip filled with charred sweet corn and cheese.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups barbequed fresh or frozen corn, cut from cob or charred in pan
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cotija cheese or crumbled feta, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped green onion is a nice alternative
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a 9-inch cast iron skillet or oven proof pan, heat your oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. (If using frozen corn, add corn now and cook until kernels are charred.) Add garlic and saute until fragrant, another 1 minute.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup cheese, mayonnaise and chili powder. Add corn mix and stir to combine.
Transfer mixture back into cast-iron skillet and spread into an even layer and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
Bake in the oven until edges are bubbling, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro and serve with corn chips.