Sausage and Peppers Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan has everything you love about a sausage and peppers sandwich including tender peppers and sweet onions as well as the extra bonus of melty mozzarella. Instead of bread it has pillowy gnocchi. Don't tell your Italian bread, but this switch may be the better carb!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup passata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 500 gram package of gnocchi
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into equal sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into equal sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into equal sized pieces
- 4 mild Italian sausages, removed from their casing and broken up into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed pieces of fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
- fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the passata, oil, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano and pepper.
Scatter the peppers and onion across the sheet pan in a single layer. Add the sausage meat and break it up into chuncks.
Scatter the gnocchi across the sheet pan.
Pour the sauce over everything; mix to coat and finish with everything in a single layer.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then give everything a stir and sprinkle mozzarella chunks over top and put back in the oven to cook another 10 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melted and peppers are soft.
Remove sheet pan from oven and sprinkle with paremsan and fresh basil. Serve.